What is Rewarded TV?
Introducing Rewarded.TV and the Replay Value Proposition
Why Launch a Streaming Service
The over-the-top streaming industry (video delivered over the internet) is growing (Compound Annual Growth Rate of 13.87% / year) and is estimated to be worth $223 Billion by 2026.
While there are thousands of streaming platforms, services, and channels all around the world, they all look basically the same and operate with one of three models:
- Subscription / SVOD (Subscription Based Video On Demand) - Subscribe
- Advertising / AVOD (Ad supported Video On Demand) - Watch ads to access “Free” Content
- Rentals / TVOD (Transaction Video On Demand) - Rent Movies
As discussed extensively in the original Replay Whitepaper, these models have some significant drawbacks as executed today, specifically, as it relates to providing transparency over content usage and timely payments to content providers. Further, Consumers are left without much choice; most people find themselves having to subscribe to multiple services in order to find content they want (effectively subsidizing the content habits of other viewers and building an IP portfolio for the service where they have no long term benefit) OR have to endure 10+minutes of Advertising per hour to get their content for “Free”.
We are introducing a new model, one that’s centered around community, provides value to consumers for their time, and provides content providers with visibility into their business and with opportunities to scale.
To that end, we’ve reimagined the streaming service experience in order to help drive growth and adoption of the Replay system and RPLAY token.
Rebranding from ReplayNow to Rewarded.TV
The initial Replay white paper described Replay Now, a cross-platform OTT streaming service which adopts the core Replay technology and rewards consumers with tokens for subscribing & watching content.
ReplayNow was always intended to serve as a proof-of-concept streaming service which adopted the Replay protocol; to be the first of many services and dAPPS that could take advantage of Replay’s content tracking and payment capabilities. In order to avoid any confusion, further that aim, and provide room for experimentation we made a decision to rebrand the service.
We wanted a name that reflected what was most important to us, rewarding all participants for their contribution to the service. Simply, Rewarded.TV.
Rewarded TV is a global streaming service powered by Replay’s Blockchain that provides real-time transparency and payments to content creators while also rewarding consumers.
Most importantly, we are a community driven service that aims to reward content providers, fans, and super fans for their contributions to the community.
The Rewarded TV Difference
Unique Business Model
- Most of the content on the service is 100% free. That means you get to sit back and watch TV, not ads. It also means you don’t have to subscribe to anything.
- The service grows and generates revenue from two primary sources:
- Viewers purchasing and/or redeeming RPLAY tokens to watch a higher tier of premium content
- NFT drops that can be purchased on a marketplace which gives viewers access to the higher tier of content alongside boosted rewards and additional perks.
- Invite Friends
- Deep social hooks available to invite friends to Rewarded tv and surface/share content across all social platforms.
- Chat with other viewers across multiple viewing platforms as you watch.
- Watch Together
- Join or Host Watch Parties
- Get Rewarded
- Participation Drives Incremental Rewards (Gamification to be discussed further below)
- Transparency & Visibility
- Real-Time Dashboards
- Real-Time Viewing and Rewards Data for Consumers
- Real-Time Usage Metrics for Content Providers
How Rewarded TV Works for Content Providers
The Replay ecosystem is dedicated to helping content providers scale their business by enabling a trustless distribution model.
Here’s what the process looks like at a high-level in a world without Replay:
By adopting Replay, Rewarded.TV is able to drive efficiency in the acquisition, measurement, reporting and payment to content providers. Moreso, setting them up to replicate this process with other distributors who adopt Replay down the road.
The Rewarded TV Target Market
Our service is intended to be a global, general market streaming service. We believe this target market will expand over time, but initially we feel it looks pretty close to the following:
Select Current Content Providers
Here’s a quick look at the enterprising, early adopting, first moving content providers that have joined Rewarded.tv so far. Hundreds of hours of content are already live for viewers to enjoy around the world with subtitles available. Thousands of hours of movies and TV will be made available in the coming weeks and months from existing content providers, with new providers in various stages of execution already on the horizon.
To leare more, please read our Rewarded TV Lite Paper .
Updated 9 months ago